Monday, February 4, 2008

I wasn't married, for crying out loud!

OKAY, so my new gripe (sp?) is people who seem to think I should be in mourning over my previous relationship. The last few weekends I have gotten to get out and have a ton of fun with some of my friends, met some new friends, and reconnected with old friends. This is what I think I should be doing, connecting with people, not sitting at home crying in my beer and pining for a relationship that would have never worked out.

HE and I were not married... it's not like we're going through a divorce that isn't final yet... I broke up with him, I moved out, I have been done for awhile now and I have every right (and so does he) to go out and have a great time! I came up with a new line this weekend: I feel like I've been on "pause" for 5 years, now I'm catching up. Truly, that's what it's felt like, a pause button on my life because the 5 years with him didn't REALLY go anywhere. Yes, I have learned A LOT of things about myself and about what I will and won't put up with but frankly I went from college student to housewife and missed being young me in there.

I don't know, maybe I'm complaining over nothing but it sure is annoying to hear that someone can't understand WHY I would want to go out and have a good time with my friends so soon after my break-up but ya know what... TOUGH LUCK, it's my life.

On a side note... it's been 1 month today and no thoughts of turning back!

No comments: