Monday, November 9, 2009

other little stories

Okay so ever reread something and then think of all the other little elements you forgot about... here is the rest of the story.... :) in list form 'cause that's how I'll remember it...

1. Those of you who know me will be shocked to hear that the whole time we were in the hospital following Dax's birth I didn't wear one stitch of make up. Not by choice mind you, Dustin held my make up hostage and wouldn't bring it to the hospital.

2. From the time we left the house until we got to the hospital and even until Dr. Shannon said "Yes your water broke" I kept saying, I am going to feel so dumb when I get sent home 'cause my water really didn't break. Course that didn't happen but I was sure it was going to.

3. Dustin made at least 3 trips home on the 24th to get stuff for me... my bag to start with, then the laptop and I can't remember what the other trip was for but he said he felt like we were moving in.

4. We had THE BEST OB nurses and Acute Care nurses (well most of those). Our OB nurses were so sweet and caring and patient. They let us do our "thing." They were never pushy or ever made me feel uncomfortable. Even though it was the very first time I had met these women they treated me like their long lost friend. I am truly grateful for that experience.

5. We had one male nurse in the Acute Care area. I think we intimidated him. He hadn't changed a diaper and I couldn't do it at the time and it was the middle of the night and Dustin was fast asleep. He had to call another nurse in to help him. Totally cracked me up.

6. I have the best man in the entire world. Dustin is amazing! I have said that over and over but I really truly mean it. He is so sweet with Dax and he has done such a great job taking care of us. From helping me out of bed and to the bathroom, taking Dax and making me go take a nap, and the list goes on and on. I know this is the stuff that is supposed to happen but when it does happen it just feels so great. The best part, he didn't even think twice about any of it. I love you Dustin. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

7.I always thought I would want my parents and my closest friends at the hospital when Dax arrived but when it came down to it all I wanted was Dustin. It worked out pretty well that things were dragging along because I kept putting people off coming up because it was taking so long so in the end it ended up being just me and Dustin. It really was perfect.

8. One of the worst parts of Dax's arrival was being re-admitted for his jaundice. Our wonderful nurse was so sweet the day before and gave us a heads up about his levels and what to expect. I was completely emotional. I cried a lot. Not because I was sad but because I wasn't in control and wanted Dax to be totally and completely healthy. Dustin was great, he kept telling me that Dax is tough and that he'll be okay. Thankfully it was only 2 nights but by the time we got home I was completely DONE with hospitals!

I think that's it for now.... or at least what I can remember.... :)

No comments: