Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A New Year

Ya know what I enjoy about a new year? It almost feels like starting over, I mean I know we don't actually wave a magic wand and begin again but there is just something relieving about a new year. 2008 was quite the rollarcoaster that I wish to never fully repeat. It came in with major changes in my life that had been coming for a long time. January was a rough month last year. This January, however, find me in love, finds me figuring life out, finds me genuinely happy! It's amazing the difference a year makes!

The strange part to me is I didn't realize all the changes that happened this year until I received a very sweet note from my Aunt telling me how proud she was of me and to keep my chin up and that she hoped 2009 was a better year. When I got her note I almost giggled 'cause besides relationship issues nothing REALLY bad happened to me or my family in 2008.

I think what I will truly value from 2008 is coming back to who I am and whom I love. I have a new respect for the relationships in my life, I have a deeper devotion to my family and my close friends. I have a strong relationship with my wonderful boyfriend, Dustin. One that I value so much and know he values as well. I trust that man with my heart, I trust every word that he speaks and I know that he feels the same way for me as I do for him. How great is that? How great is it to know that the people I hold nearest and dearest to my heart are always there for me. They are always there for a hug when I need it or a swift kick to the butt when I need that to. How many people can really say that?

I am blessed. My Grandpa Gregerson once said there is no such thing as luck. I think he would agree with me when I say luck is just the blessings God has bestowed upon us, to give us strength, laughter, and love.

In closing I am just so happy to be almost halfway through January, be looking excitedly to February and what the rest of the year may bring.

No comments: