Thursday, January 6, 2011

Blubbering Mom's Club

I feel like I have joined the Blubbering Mommy Club...

I can still remember those days when I would see the Johnsen and Johnsen commmercials and think "does this stuff really 'get' to people"? Or laugh at my family members that would say OH MY GOSH every time that comes on I just weep. Well... I'm there!



Today a song came on my computer called "It won't be like this for long" the first lines are about bringing home a new baby and about how it won't be so hard for long. Oh my gosh I started sobbing. I don't know if it's the realization that we might not have another baby or what but I just can't stand thinking that I may have let those precious days go by without enjoying them. I was back to work almost full time right after Dax was born, heck I was working while I was in labor! I was able to work at home but I didn't get to truly, TRULY enjoy his first weeks at home because I was so stressed about about getting deadlines met and meeting the 'right here, right now' needs of my baby... and my body.



While I DO NOT want another baby anytime soon, I can't help but feel like someone is missing from our lives. Like Dax should be a big brother someday. It makes me very sad to think that we might not decide to have another baby though. I mean, we might not. Even if we did think 'okay let's try' it doesn't always happen again.....


Okay this really was not meant to be a sappy, sad post... it was actually meant to be a CAN YOU BELIEVE I'M CRYING AT COMMERCIALS AND SONGS kind of post... hmm.... pretty sure I failed at that :-p

Dax is growing like a weed and getting into EVERYTHING :-) I feel like 'no' and 'don't' have been my words of choice lately. I'm trying really hard to not say 'no' to everything because I don't want it to lose it's affect.

He's such a love bug! He loves to give hugs and snuggle. He does this AWESOME fake laugh :-) Oh and he's got his 'you'll let me do this because I'm cute' look down! It cracks me up. Especially because then he'll do a big 'ol grin and wrinkle his nose right after. Kills me!

I am so in love with this little boy!

No comments: