Tuesday, August 2, 2011

it's August but my mind is in September

Today is Dax's last day in daycare where he has been going since he was 9 months old. He has made some wonderful little friends- especially Ty- and I am so sad that he won't be going there anymore. Unfortunately we have to make a change due to dollars and cents. Can't stand the idea of paying twice as much for daycare when it is the same daycare as last year... never mind about hat... I don't need to rant on here like this.
So today since it is my last day this summer without Dax I thought I'd start getting organized for going back to school. I still have 27 more days but my mind is stuck on what September may be like since I will be in the office 5 days a week, Dax in daycare at least 3 days a week and added cost of daycare. I am SO blessed that Dustin doesn't work on Mondays and will keep Dax at home with him so he doesn't have to be in daycare everyday. They will have a wonderful time together!
Even though we have had Dax in daycare for all of last school year we are looking at added costs during the month of September due to everyday daycare and a very slight increase in the cost as we switch daycares. Because of this, I am planning out our meals for September to all be either freezer meals or crockpot meals during the week. I'm hoping to offset some of the grocery cost for September by making freezer meals now and then making super simple crockpot meals the other days. I have had a lot of fun planning this out and am so ready to get started! Just have to do a little grocery shopping and then I'll be ready to rock!
I'm excited to try some new tricks that I have learned today while cruising the net:
1. use grated fresh carrot with ground beef to bulk up the beef
2. marinate meat such as steaks and chicken in freezer bags so that as they thaw they marinate as well!
3. Disposable pans! I actually have been doing this already but it makes clean up so much easier when all you want to do is eat and then play with the kiddo.... or relax. ;-)
4. There are so many AWESOME food blogs out there!! I wish I was dedicated enough to write one about trying to become a more organized cook. :-p
HMM I thought I had learned more today but I guess a few tips isn't too bad for not even starting yet. :-) I'll let ya know how it goes.... maybe even document it, ha!

No comments: