Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It's my favorite time of the year

Christmas is my very favorite time of the year. I love filling our house with beautiful decorations, lighted trees (we have 3) and the joyful spirit that comes with the excitement of the year. Dax is not quite to the age of knowing what is going on but he does love looking at the decorations around our house and the Christmas lights when we are out and about. He calls our big Christmas Tree 'pretty' and each morning says 'pretty, please, pretty' which means he wants me to turn the lights on. He gets so excited as soon as it is lit.

I have always loved Christmas but there is something that much more magical about it when you include your own children. Even with having Children to remind us to slow down and enjoy this time of the year-sometimes I think we lose sight though about what Christmas is really about. I believe in God and that Christmas is the celebration of Jesus' birth. I believe that the gifts we give to each other are representation of the gifts given by the Wise Men to Jesus following his birth. That being said, I often wonder about those who don't believe in Jesus. I wonder what they really believe Christmas represents. It feels so sad to think that for them Christmas may just be about the presents. I hope and pray for those people, that if nothing else they recognize that Christmas is a time to get together with family and share the love that fills this season.

Our Christmas' have always been very busy. Even before Dustin and I got together, my family was all over the place on Christmas day. Now we have 5 Christmas' in 2 days-3 on Christmas day. Ya know what though, I wouldn't have it any other way! We get to see almost all of our family in 2 days and to me, that's important. I get all excited just thinking about it! :)

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and I hope I get to see you over Winter Break.


With my bonus girl, Kyleigh, in our matching snowman hats.

1 comment:

aisha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.