Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My story about Santa

Last year one of my friends at work was asking us all what we were told growing up or what we tell kiddos about Santa when asked if he is real. So while standing in the hallway coming up with ideas here is what I put together from what A. I was told growing up B. What I have come up with as an adult and C. What a pulled out of my @$$ at that very moment. Ha! I hope you enjoy....

Child: Mommy Santa isn't real, is he?
Mom: WHAT (shock, horror, panic) who told you that?
Child: Some kid at school.
Mom: You know that I still believe in Santa don't you?
Child: So he is real?
Mom: I believe that Santa is real. That Santa comes to us each year to bring us happiness and excitement on top of a very special present Christmas morning. I also believe that when you stop believing in Santa he stops coming. That's why I still believe in him, I'm afraid if I didn't believe he wouldn't visit us.
Child: So what about those kids that don't believe? My friend at school says that YOU put my present under the tree.
Mom: If a child doesn't believe in Santa then yes, his/her parents do put the present out from Santa BECAUSE they don't believe anymore so Santa doesn't come to their house. Wouldn't they be sad if they woke up Christmas morning and there wasn't a Santa present under the tree.
Child: Yeah, of course. So do you put the present under the tree or does Santa?
Mom: Well, do you believe in Santa?

At this point I have no idea how the rest of the story would go because... well... I haven't had to REALLY give this talk before... I am REALLY hoping that at this point Kyleigh or Dax would say 'It's okay Mom, that kid was STUPID and of course I believe in Santa still. '

I dread the day that Kyleigh and Dax stop believing in Santa. While I do believe that Christ is the true reason for the season, Santa lends a certain element of child-like excitement in all of us.

For the record, I do still believe in Santa. Santa brings booze to my parents house for all the adults that still believe. :-p

No comments: