Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day

To Dustin:
I love you.

I don't say that just to say it. 
I say it because I mean it.
I say it because everyday I worry that it might be the last time.
I say it because years have proven to me how deep and how much I love you.

I have loved you since I first laid eyes on the picture of you and puppy Dakota.
I've loved you since we started talking on myspace about being single and hanging out.
I have loved you since our first dinner at Mi Casita which led to our first hug in the parking lot-- which we would both later admit should have been a kiss.
I've loved you since you took me snowmobiling in the dark,
 making snow angels in the middle of the field.
I've loved you since you took me in your arms and gave me the sweetest first kiss- completely out of the blue, showing me around your parents house.
I have loved you since we started saying I LLLL....ike you! 
I have loved you since February 20th, 2008 when I looked at you and admitted I was ready to be your girlfriend.
I've loved you since the first time you showed me pictures of Kyleigh on your phone.
I've LOVED you since we went camping in April in FREEZING cold weather in the back of the truck.
I've loved riding in the S-10 through mudpits and trail rides in the Yota. 
I love hot tubing with you....
 I love you clean, dirty, stinky and fresh from the shower.
I love you clean shaven and scruffy from a weekend off. 
I love that you have never given up on me.
I loved you when your reaction to finding out I was pregnant was- "we wanted kids, just not quite  yet. It will be okay-when do you want to get married?"
I loved you when you sat with me while we told my parents we were having a baby. 
I love that you tease me, poke at me, joke with me (okay about me)
I love the little things you do- bringing home the sunglasses I was eyeing, taking my truck to get the oil changed, putting my snow tires on, keeping Dax on Mondays, building a chicken run, and so much more.

I love your eyes, your lips, your strong arms, the crease between your eyes, your smile, the looks you give me and your smell.

I love your heart. You have the biggest heart and when you love, you love with all of it.

I thought I could never love you more than the first moment I saw you with Dax in your arms.

I was wrong though because every day I truly love you more.

We've loved each other through some amazing, wonderful, exhilarating, happy, happy times.
We've loved each other through rock bottom, mud slinging, horrible moments that tore us a part and brought us back together.

Through all the tears, the smiles, the laughter, the fear, the joy and so much more, I have loved you.

I love you, handsome. With my entire heart.
Thank you for loving me too.

No comments: