Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We have a name...

Hi all! Well we are at about 24 and a half weeks... just under 15 to go! I thought it was about time that I filled anyone in that doesn't already know, the name of our little man. :) Dustin and I decided almost as soon as we were pregnant on a boy name but didn't really discuss girl names...crazy how that worked out! Turns out my Mom was the same way when she was pregnant with me and Bill-- when she was prego with me she and Dad easily came up with a girl name but weren't really sold on a boy name and with Bill they came up with the boy name easier and weren't so sure about a girl name. It's strange how these things work out.

Okay so... the name we picked out is Dax Paul. He will carry on his Dad and Grandpa's name tradition of being a "D" first name and Paul for the middle name. As soon as we both heard Dax we were sold, just didn't feel like any other "D" name would really fit. Although we do have a lot of wonderful Daniels in our family... which would be part of the reason for not choosing the name and it's a little too traditional for both of us.

It's been interesting how people respond when they hear the name you've chosen for your child. I've gotten a lot of "Oh that's cute" and "That will be a strong name" the strong name comment usually comes after they have had a moment or two to think about it. I agree, it's unique but not so far out in left field that no one can pronounce it or spell it. Being a teacher that is one of the hardest parts about coming into a classroom- screwing a kid's name up over and over again. Ugh!

So had a Dr apt. yesterday-measuring right on track and Mr. Dax kicked the doppler over and over again when the Dr was trying to listen to his heart rate. Dr said this is a great sign that spontaneous movement can be triggered by something as light as the doppler--- I was thinking that he was just trying to be a stinker like his Dad. :) SO everything is good, another ultrasound on the 28th to check where my placenta is and hopefully get some more shots to take home of my D man! :)

No comments: