Tuesday, June 16, 2009

It's a....

BOY!!!!
We're having a boy!!

The ultrasound tech was very cute, she said "ultrasound isn't 100% accurate but you can't deny what was there, when it's there it's there" So we are over the moon! Now I worry she is wrong and it is a girl but I saw it with my own eyes! From what I saw everything looked great, of course the techs can't tell you much of anything because they aren't your doctor but she didn't seem alarmed by anything or take a ton of time on anything except his heart because he kept moving and she even kept commenting about how hard it was to get a clear picture 'cause he was on the move all the time. :) Anyway I would put a picture up of the little guy but the only picture she gave us is of his arm, which is a very handsome arm but not really anything too interesting to look at :) He was moving around like crazy so it took her awhile to get all 81 pictures, that's right, I said 81!! Maybe the Dr will give us some of the ones he will get... one could hope, right?? :)

Okay so I have to share my funny now story--- so when we get to the hospital the lady sitting next to us said that she had been waiting 45 minutes past her apt. time, now anyone who has had an OB ultrasound knows that you have to pee almost as soon as you get there, I am no exception to this. Dustin thought my need to "release" was hilarious until I thought I was going to cry and pee my pants because they were truly 45 minutes behind!! It got so bad that it hurt to hold it any longer. I finally couldn't take it anymore and asked the receptionist how much longer it would be and that even if it was going to be only 5 more minutes that there was no way I could wait that long. SO she finds, what looks like, a big clear Dixie cut--- ya know like the red ones you make alcoholic beverages in at parties-- and said you can fill this to the second to the top line... then tells me she isn't sure where the bathroom is because we are in the new wing of the hospitol!!! I then glanced down the hallway and say the universal sign for bathroom, ya know the blue guy, girl and wheel chair all on one sign and started booking it down the hallway. Needless to say, I filled the cup and still had to pee, badly! SO went and sat back down next to Dustin for 15 minutes and had to go DESPERATELY again but instead of asking the receptionist for permission I ran to the bathroom without the cup. Oh man did that feel good! Turns out when I went in for the actual ultrasound my bladder was still plenty full-- so note to women out there-- if you are in pain or need to go very, VERY, VERY, VERY badly, go! Don't let go of everything but GO! :)

No comments: