Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I used to be silly

Today I was reading a post from another blogger about how full her childhood was which got me thinking about mine and THEN got me thinking about what the heck happened to me??? I used to be so silly! I was in drama plays which had me on stage in front of hundreds of people (silliest was being in the Velveteen Rabbit as a bunny) OO I was in a traveling roadshow in which I had to sing and dance in front of my peers from different schools, I was part of our local Jr. Miss program and did a monologue as an evil stepsister, I used to perform every year with one of my best friends in our school talent show-- we would lip sync to  rather adult songs and just be silly on stage-including throwing candy into the audience! Bubba Shot the Jukebox and Any Man of Mine (there was a 3rd but I can't remember what it was) have special memories that I hold near and dear to my heart. PLUS I am an elementary teacher! Being silly is in our BLOOD!

In thinking about it, I'm pretty sure I pinpointed when this change happened... it was a series of years that ended in what I call 'the divorce' in which I wasn't forced but wasn't encouraged, for sure, to not be as outgoing and active in areas that pushed me outside of my comfort zone. I became a firm resident of the comfort zone. I have always wished I had not given up on what I loved to do. Oh well, can't back that up, can just move forward. Having a 2 year old definitely helps to find the silly again. We dance and run and laugh a lot!

I'm working on finding the silly again. :)

No comments: