Friday, August 31, 2012

EMPLOYED!!

On Monday, August 27th I started the day in the dumps. I was bummed. I hadn't gotten my call back and all the other teachers were headed into training for the first day of school. My attitude pretty much sucked.

I had an email in my inbox from one of my favorite families, hoping I was back for the year. I spent probably 20-30 minutes touching base with the Mom on the phone and trying not to cry! People just don't fully understand- these families become part of my family and not being able to work with them was so hard.

Another RIFed teacher and I were going to help with training for a few minutes and I headed out of my temporary office to see when we were supposed to head to the training. My principal was headed down the hallway toward me (with the other teacher just behind him) and held out his hand to me--- I thought-- "well that's nice, he's going to walk us down the hallway to the meeting and probably say something nice like..." at about this point in my thought process he walked ahead of me two steps into his office turned around, faced me, put his hand out for me to shake and said "hi, I'm the principal of CVA and I'd like to offer you a teaching position"

I laughed, I cried of a second, and was THOROUGHLY overwhelmed! Talk about surprised! Oh my gosh!  think I said 'thank you' about 10 times.

That became the whirlwind of my week. I immediately went to text Dustin (who, since he was quite confident everything would be okay, replied back with 'I told ya') and then RAN to find my bestest friend and sister- Leah. I really didn't mean to but I may have about taken her out by LEAPING into her arms! She and I have had a lot of heart to hearts about the frustration and uncertainty of not having a position. I was so excited to share my news-- she, of course, since she works in enrollment, already knew about the position. Stinker.

So this week I have gone from no teaching position to 90 students! Yahoo!!! AND BEST PART EVER two of my friends were called back right on my heels. :D

Such a week. I've been exhausted every day, most nights I can't remember actually going to bed!

As I posted on facebook: I am thankful, grateful and relieved- I GOT MY JOB BACK!!!!

In call back order: #1- ME, #2- Mandie, and #3 Ruthanna!
Love these girls!!

No comments: