Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Farm

Needed a more upbeat post... SO thought I'd showcase some of our farm living. No cow pictures, they aren't ours, they're so dirty they aren't cute at the moment and...well... I don't like them. Ha!

We live on my grandparents 80ish acre farm for just over two years now. This year has shown us why we are here... umm if you aren't going to have a job the best place to live is a home owned by your grandma!

ANYWAY... besides us our farm is home to....

Ms. Roxy,
a champion mouser and apparently a good breeder... 
yes, looks like we'll have more kittens soon

Prickles
he's pretty aloof... haven't gotten to touch him in a long time
He's also the last of Roxy's first littler of kittens

Sally
Great Mama, not sure she ever catches mice, 
and rough and tough as you can see by the scar on her nose



6 chickens...

three are named... although we don't know day to day which three have names...
Sunny, Popcorn and Rosie... This is.... one of those... or not...
 Thinking of getting them leg bands so we can ACTUALLY tell them all a part
 This chicken paced the fence watching Dax 'mow'


AND I've taken up gardening....
 Yes, those are weeds.... don't judge :-p
 Tomatoes are finally turning red!
PUMPKINS!!
 One lonely basil plant
 CORN!!!

Axle 
the worthless dog... 
I mean wonder dog...
no,  I mean worthless.

My little farm boy fast asleep
 




 Dustin in his 77 Chevy
I think that's the right year...


Sure nice to live on a farm :)

No comments: